kearleyzoo

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

From the Kearley Zoo to the REAL Zoo

I knew that a trip to the zoo would fit my boys well and Brittney hadn't been in a few years! I've just been waiting on the weather to participate a little bit. But regardless of the hot weather, we rounded up the troops this weekend and were one of the first ones to arrive when the gates opened at 9 a.m. Boy was it nice outside then.

I like to take the before and after of our trips (to see if it was worth in the exhaustion department).

Here's the BEFORE...........


and then the AFTER...............

I'd say the exhaustion rating is prettty darn high right here.

The favorite thing for Jace and Cade was the petting zoo. How do I go about purchasing a goat for them to torture? I'm just glad these animals were used to being brushed, petted, and loved on. Jace would not stop hugging the goats!!!! Even the zoo worker in the petting zoo was cracking up at him. Probably thinking...geez lady don't your kids ever get out? Actually, no they don't.

Steve was also entertainment for the goats. He had about 4 of those little guys rubbing their noses and little horns on his wheels. We were told that it was okay as long as they didn't start biting them. Poor Steve, he's a good sport though. He has worse luck with puppies being placed in his lap. It's usually a given that he'll get peed on by those.

This was our cue that is was definitely time to go home. I full fledged back arching fit being thrown by Jace. I thought that maybe the elephants and giraffes would start a stampede if we didn't get our squealing little angel out of there quickly!
Our trip was short and sweet but that is kind of how we prefer to do things lately. We're just testing out the waters to see how well the kids do in new surroundings.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

short and sweet ... I hear ya. our trips to the zoo rarely last more than 2 hours. thankfully - we're members ... so I don't feel too bad about leaving before we see all the animals.

say ... those pictures with the kids sleeping (yay!) - I can tell that's a nice minivan!!

12:06 AM  
Blogger utmommy said...

Looks like a successful trip to the zoo.

2:21 PM  
Blogger keri said...

love the picture of the sleeping boys in the van. my boy is the same age as your twins...only about 2 weeks apart! :)

9:20 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Oh that is too funny! I love the before/after pictures! Jack is that way with dogs..."Ahhhhh. Dog. Puppy. Go lay down! Shhhhh! Ohhhhh sweet!" Over and over and over. Looks like you had fun.

I am so overwhelmed with this blogging thing. There are MILLIONS of them. I could just keep looking and looking. Jack has literally shut my laptop and said, "Bye bye, computer." I may have a problem. There's also Thursday Thirteen, 5 ingredient Friday, Tuesday's Treasure. I'm still learning my way around! :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

looks like a fun trip. Short and sweet works best for us too!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home