kearleyzoo

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First Day of School Worries

Tomorrow is FINALLY the day! As busy as we tried to keep Ms. Brittney for the summer, she has been truly ready for school to start for the past couple of weeks. All of her exciting events seemed to fall toward the beginning (YMCA Camp) and mid-part of summer (cheer camp and Seaworld trip).

The past few weeks has involved lots of quality mother-daughter time...you know the usual stuff. Haircuts, shopping for school clothes, shopping for lunch kits and backpacks (you know that you HAVE to have a new one every year even though the one from last year is still good. And the year before that even....I mean c'mon don't you know what's cool for an almost 9 year old).

Speaking of being almost 9....which will occur on Sept. 23...we HAVE to start planning her party according to her. How dare I let things like work, house cleaning, or trying to start exercising more often get in the way.

She was really cute tonight. She could NOT go to sleep and kept coming out to the living room where I was watching TV. I swear I can remember those days. I don't think I EVER got a good night's sleep the night before school started. She had her outfit all lined up to wear...even down to which purse she was going to take. (She may have to guard her purse from her brothers. =)


(She finally went to sleep and I went into snap a quick picture of her.)


She got to meet her teacher last Friday afternoon and THAT was another whole day of planning and waiting. In comparison to her 2nd grade teacher who had just graduated from Texas A&M and it was her first year to teach, this year she has a "grandma" type teacher who has been teaching for years and really does have grandchildren herself. I have to say that I like that! A little experience under your belt doesn't hurt when you have important things to teach these kids today. (Did I really say that? I'm really aging myself.) I haven't officially met her since Steve took her to "meet the teacher" but I'll update you tomorrow on what I think.

Now, the pictures you are about to see may shock you! I know they shocked me when I looked on my camera tonight. Apparently Brittney and NaNa have been torturing my little boys when I'm not home. I did NOT know about this Steve or Jace and I'm sorry ahead of time........but boy do I have some blackmail pictures of him when he gets older!!!!!!

Yes, this is my daughter dressing my SON in her bikini bathing suit.


AND, she even added a bow! (I must admit, he looks kind of cute in blue and green.)

Then there's CADE.........


This pretty much sums up my future class clown.

3 Comments:

Blogger utmommy said...

We start school on Tuesday, and I can't believe it. I'm not sure if I'm ready yet. My daughter is the same way with her clothes. She always lays them out each night before she goes to bed.

11:07 AM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

I, too, remember those days. The night before school - all the new clothes, backpack & accessories. Plus, the perfectly fresh school supplies. I loved it, until I got to school and realized I had to actually WORK. Can't I just show up - looking cute & talk to my friends?!

This is definitely the age to get good blackmail photos. Wearing a bikini is right up there! (Not that I'd ever blackmail my kids ... but I probably would plaster them up around the house during Prom!)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

happy First day of SChool!!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home