kearleyzoo

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Feeling O-L-D!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I had a birthday a few weeks ago. It's official now that I'm 35.... I feel OLD!! What made matters worse was the fact that we realized (after our San Antonio trip) that my GMC Envoy just wasn't big enough for everyONE and everyTHING that we needed. So, we made the dreaded used car purchase of a mini-van....yes, I'm officially a mini-van momma. We fought and fought the decision approximately 2 1/2 years ago when I found out the twins were on the way. I wish we would have just bit the bullet back then, but we needed to find out for ourselves I guess. You have to understand though, when I got pregnant I was driving my all time favorite car thus far...a zippy little Audi A6. It was a 4 door and our 3 person family could fit in it with no problems, but we knew our new 5 person family would be a bit much. So, we've come a long way since then. Let me just say ... that little mini-van is pretty cool. The boys LOVE the fact that they can walk through the "aisles" and they can pretend to drive. Brittney even likes it b/c she doesn't have to climb over the middle row and we had a DVD installed that is bigger than the one in the Envoy. The whole family is sold on our new purchase. The timing just kind of stinks because it just happened to be near my 35th birthday. I can't wait until Steve turns 35 in September so I can make him feel just as OLD.

I've decided there are a few other things that also make me feel old recently. Here are a few of them.
  1. The fact that my 8 year old laughs at me when I attempt to do cartwheels and round-offs with her.
  2. The fact that doing said cartwheels and round-offs make me feel like I've pulled several muscles.
  3. The fact that we have TWIN 21-MONTH old little boys! I mean these guys recharge their batteries every night for 11 or so hours PLUS 2 or so hours during the day. I wish I had a 1/3 of third energy. These guys age me on a daily basis.
  4. The fact that when said twin boys go to bed around 8 p.m....I feel like I need to be following right behind them. When Brittney was gone to cheer camp, she called me one night at 11:15. I was already in a deep sleep and she was just getting back to her room. They had lights out at 11:30 p.m. 11:30 P.M.?????? See what I mean? I can't even stay up as late as my 8 year old.

I'm really kidding about feeling old. I feel young at heart and that's all that matters, right? Yes, my kids definitely age me but I wouldn't trade them for anything. I mean, c'mon....look at those little faces.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

You'll LOVE your van.

It was a VERY, VERY hard sell for me, too. We sold our bright red convertible BMW for a Sienna - but - the minivan rocks. I never thought I'd say it!!!

I know what you mean re: feeling old. Today, I actually caught a nap on the couch (or tried) while the babies ran around w/ Charlie. I was SO tired after a morning at the pool and I kept thinking "WHY aren't they tired, too?!?!" Ahhhh ... youth!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home