kearleyzoo

Monday, June 26, 2006

TIME-OUT, TIME-OUT

This is really quite a face, isn't it? It's the type of face (and attitude) that will send you directly the "naughty" chair (just like Super Nanny calls it). The naughty chair is super effective for Mr. Cade. He will sit perfectly still until his minute (or so) is up . Then he'll be perfectly content to give you a hug and help you put UP the naughty chair. I have to tell you though, when Cade started sitting in time-out, there's was a sick side of me that couldn't WAIT to put him in it again. I would have to control my chuckling because I could feel these little eyes (and eyebrows) staring a hole through me.

Here's my little angel sitting in the naughty chair. I have to say that I don't have a picture of Jace because it's just not pretty when he has to sit in it. On a bad day, he's usually beet-red, arching his back and trying to throw himself onto the floor. On a good day, he'll just scream until I let him off of it. He's still my little lover boy and is quick to give me a sweet hug and kiss when his time is up.



Here is our attempt at the kids' pictures. I always love to take the boys for their pictures .. ahem...absolutely LOVE it! We took these at Super Target on Father's Day weekend. While we were waiting for our appointment time, we did some shopping. So when it was finally time for us to go in the portrait studio(a.k.a. the torture chamber), Steve volunteered to wait outside to "guard" the basket. What a smart man he is. I wish I would have chosen that job. The photographer and myself were playing peek-a-boo, making goofy noises, singing over Jace's crying and I was being attacked by a pink feather duster that the boys found absolutely hilarious. Brittney just sat there with the perfect smile during the whole event. What a champ she was. After it was all said and done, I was sweating bullets and was definitely ready to call it a day. All in all, I think it was worth it for a few priceless family photos. Now I won't have to do it again for another 6-12 months..whewho!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teresa:

Hey girl. I love the blog. I don't see how you find the time to write with so much going on with the kiddos. I can't even keep up with my physical scrapbooks much less virtual ones. This is a great idea. I get updates from my cousin in Paris through her website and I love it - otherwise I only get to see her kiddos once a year. Take care - I'll check back from time to time.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh....hahaha..........see new to this. This is Janna - will chat w/you soon.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Teresa, it's your mother. I love your webpage. Just want to let you know that I wouldn't trade these last 20 months for anything in the world. It has been a wonderful experience. When Brittney was born it was a wonderful experience and still is seeing her grow up so fast. She is so good with the twins! I can attest that the twins are definitely headstrong individuals. I love the way Cade shows his eyebrows or cocks his head sideways when he's puzzled about something!(Mr. Worry Wart) I melt when Jace gives me that big smile (showing his beautiful white teeth) and his big hug and kiss. He can be a real lover! (He is Mr. Nonchalant) Talk later.
Love Mom

7:31 PM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

These are GREAT pictures - I love the scowl!!!

I'll need to get some advice on time out. Currently, I'm sticking them in their crib(s) w/o any loveys. Wait, let me rephrase. I'm sticking WILLIAM in his crib w/o any loveys. The girls never do anything wrong (or bad enough) to get sent to TO. I did try to sit him in the hallway for a while (in isolation on a pillow), and he screamed and cried when I took him out. It was as if he enjoyed the peace & quiet...

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa! Your website is wonderful!!!
Love you,
Regina L.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the vacumming photo! There's a little Kevin getting his start. Hugs to all the Kearleys and a special hug for Miss B.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home