kearleyzoo

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

NANA is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week Nana was on vacation Thursday, Friday and on into the extended weekend. (A WELL deserved vacation.......and it should have been MUCH longer). That translated into me trying to cover all of the bases with regard to child care.

I went into work late, then left early. Heck, one day we HAD to celebrate someone's birthday over lunch, so I even took a long lunch in my shortened schedule. (It was kind of nice;) I was able to switch the boys' mother's day out to those 2 days and let them stay a little longer to take a nap there. I figured that wouldn't go so well.

You know.... take a nap....on a mat....with just a blanket and stuffed animal.....the ability to get up and move around.....HA! Well much to my surprise, THEY DID IT! Geez, I went into the room while they were sleeping and I wanted to take a nap. There was soft music, the lights were dimmed and they had a comfy little pillow to snuggle up on with their blankies. I didn't want to leave!!

Their school is just right down the street from our house AND Brittney's elementary school is just right across the street from that. (It's really convenient!). So, I ended up leaving them asleep one day while I picked Brittney up from school. When we walked back to get the boys, they were having a snack and Cade wasn't even ready to leave yet (b/c there was food). Jace, on the other hand, had his lip puckering out as if saying "you left me!" It's a good thing that their teacher Ms. Joan knows how to bribe them with M&Ms or else things would've been a LOT uglier.

Anyway, the laundry got piled up, the Wiggles got replayed one too many times, Brittney informed me of EVERYthing I did differently than NaNa and most importantly, my kiddos just plain missed NANA!

She went to Nashville to see Graceland (among other things) and brought the boys back these cute little onesizes!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! Those onesies are so cute!!! You made me want to take a nap just imagining the place! ahhh...naps.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Graceland is in Memphis. Not Nashville.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home