kearleyzoo

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Before and After.......

Being home all day on the weekend really gives me a new respect for Stay-At-Home-Mothers. I really and truly do NOT see how you do it each and every day. I LOVE my kids SOOO much but all day every day would just wear me out. As busy as we've been at work, I still like to go just to take a breather.

Let me just give you a little peek into what goes on around here.

Here's what the "playroom" looks like after a day with 2 toddlers........(the playroom USED to be my formal living and dining room....phhttt, forget that!) I guess this would be the BEFORE.

Then there's what I do every night (or else make Brittney do it as a chore which she just LOVES ha ha).....I clean it up and start another day.

I feel like I'm stuck in the movie "ground hog day". I just keep doing it over and over. I guess I will until the day they leave for college or get married.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lana said...

that's funny. It is like ground hog day, same mess new day, over and over!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

It IS Groundhog Day around here too. Honestly, my motivation for taking them places & thinking of new games to play (i.e., the paper towel roll bowling & blocks in yesterday's post) is as much to preserve my sanity as anything else!
And for the record, there are days when my volunteerism has me out of the home for 8 hours and I come home totally overwhelmed by all I have to do with 3 kids at the end of the day...and I think, "How on Earth do WORKING Moms do this?" The respect goes both ways!!

5:50 AM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Why - it looks like you've been struck by a hurricane...??? Is that possible???

I can clean our living room with my eyes closed. Honestly - it's the same exact disaster every single day ... and I don't ever see it getting better. Thankfully, we've got crates for organizing toys - and the rest of the stuff goes in a big wicker basket. The very next day - - same thing.

How nice it would be to have a house-elf...

9:38 PM  
Blogger utmommy said...

I feel the same way. Same thing over and over.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home