kearleyzoo

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Love of DOGS!

Our next door neighbors are very unique. They are sweet as can be! We love them dearly, but I'm afraid the boys love them even more. It's not even because of them, it's because of their little yorkshire terrior dog named Becky Sue. She is the queen of the house over there! The boys say her name as "bebby sue".


Whenever the boys are out in the front yard and Becky Sue can see them through the window of her house, she goes NUTS (apparently the love is mutual)!! She usually has to come over and play with them for a little bit! We usually just return her when the boys have gotten their "fix" (or else I'm tired of refereeing over who gets to walk her or hold her or feed her).

Well, our neighbor had to go into the hospital and asked Brittney to walk Becky Sue during the day when she was gone. The boys went CRAZY over her being in our house. EVERYthing she did was hilarious to them. A simple sneeze, her going to the bathroom, her eating...just nonstop entertainment.

When it was time for her to go home, Jace (who is the biggest dog lover of the two) would always throw a fit. One time, I had had enough of him whining and crying. I told him that Becky Sue had to go night-night and if he said Becky Sue one more time, he was going to the naughty chair.

Well, he said it again and off to the chair he went. I have to say that I could not even look at him during this "time-out" session without cracking up. He was yelling at the top of his lungs "BEBBY SUE....BEBBY SUE"!!! It was like I was torturing him or something.

After his 2 or 3 minutes, I went over to him in the chair. I usually get on his level and make him say sorry and give me a love. When I bent down to him, he said "bebby sue go nigh-nigh", hugged me and he was FINE!

He truly LOVES animals. I'm sure we'll have to eventually get another dog. We are such dog people! I'm just not ready to commit myself to such an attachment and another responsibility right now.

Here's the boys with our old dog, Roscoe, who lives with our friends now.

It's nice to visit Roscoe, but it's really nice to leave our friends house without him sometimes!

2 Comments:

Blogger Casey's trio said...

What a sweet post...maybe you have a future vetrinarian on your hands! We have a cat that gets lots of love(and hair pulled out) in our house.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey! I finally got a chance to find your blog again and catch up. From moving to telling little stalker boys how it is and switching to big boy beds, you have been BUSY! Your boys look so big and everybody looks beautiful! I am adding you to my blog lines so I can start keeping tabs on you again :)

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home