kearleyzoo

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Summer time!

On Sunday we made the hour and a half trip north to drop Ms. Brittney off for camp. She was very anxious, excited, nervous. She is a very social child, as I've said before. We still can't get over the fact that even last year as an 8 year old, she went to this YMCA camp by herself, for the first time, without knowing ANYone. Their only form of communication with us is through letters. She ended up having such a good time that it was on the top of her list to do this summer.

Here we are at Sonic in the BIG town where her camp is. (you know it's a small town when your choices to eat are either Dairy Queen or Sonic). This was her last meal with us before checking in. This is my nephew Justin, he was staying with us for the weekend. So I made him join me in case we had any toddler meltdowns.



So from the one letter I've received, she is having a wonderful time.


The part about Christina is hilarious. I'm glad that she classifies her best friends on a daily basis. But other than that, camp must be GOOD and GREAT (as she so eloquently puts it).

But life goes on without BritBrat at the Kearley household.... yesterday was paw-paw's birthday. (my dad) . So, we went to eat at Gringo's. It was sooo good. Cade was in heaven. All you have to do is get that boy some queso and chips and you won't hear a peep out of him the entire time. Jace ended up having 3 ice cream cones. These boys are not shy when it comes to eating.

I think my dad had a good 63rd birthday. He's still a young man and just 2 years away from retirement....He can't wait!

Jace is starting this awkward smile thing. He's saying cheese and closing his eyes. It's so cute! I remember when Brittney used to do this when she was little. She was such a camera hog though...still is, come to think of it.


See what I mean?

Brittney comes home on Saturday. We miss you Sissy! Hurry home!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

How fun...that was too cute, Brittney saying her best friend "today"...!!!

Glad she's having a GREAT time!!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger utmommy said...

Glad she's having fun! I bet you all can't wait for her to be home.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home