kearleyzoo

Saturday, April 21, 2007

First Trip to the Beach

Today was the first trip to the beach for the boys. We packed up the van and headed out to Galveston to visit my boss and his family at their new beachhouse. Steve was out of town for a rugby tournament. Their beachhouse is 3 stories and the beach really isn't very wheelchair friendly, so we opted to make the trip without him.

My boss and his wife had their 3rd child, Emma, 6 weeks before I had the boys. We haven't really had a chance to get the kiddos together. Emma is such a doll and with 2 older brothers is such a tomboy but still sweet and caring as a little girl should be. How cute are they? I wonder which one of the boys will want to have Emma as their girlfriend down the road.

The boys got a new toy yesterday that has kept them extremely busy. I hope that these Tonka trucks hold up with all the wear and tear that they're going to receive. I'm glad that I decided to bring them along.

Cade wasn't crazy about the water, but he let me hold him and at least touch his feet in the oncoming waves. Jace just ran from me screaming "no, no!" He was quite content to push his truck and the wagon all around the beach. It was so secluded and the boys just ran and ran and ran all afternoon.

Some of my favorite shots of the day are when the boys decided to go up and down the bridge leading to the beach. We did that over and over and over again. If they were happy, I was happy.
Brittney had fun occupying Emma. She has NO fear when it comes to the water. She absolutely loves it. Here she is receiving her "mud-wrap" spa treatment. (The boys kept saying, YUCK...poo poo. Isn't it a little reversed that my BOYS were saying this to a little GIRL?)


We had such a good time, the weather was PERFECT and their house (and their company) was so nice. I hope we'll be back this summer!

3 Comments:

Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

OH What fun!!!

1:13 AM  
Blogger utmommy said...

I SO wish I were at the beach with you! Looks like a blast!

2:16 PM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

I love the pictures - it looks like you had a great time!!!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home