kearleyzoo

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Toddler Outings

Now that I'm working downtown, I don't have all my "normal" places to go and run errands during my lunchtime. So, I've become like every other mother in America and I've started to take the kids out in public more on the weekends.

Doesn't that sound weird? I mean for God's sake, they are 2 1/2 years old. They have been so sheltered in that time span. I've never been one to load up everyone in order to get things accomplished...that's kind of an oxymoron in our family. I've always had other options and could always arrange to go places without them just because it's such a hassle. But, I'm realizing that they are at an age where they can listen and understand. I have to give them a little pep talk in the van before we go into a store. It usually goes something like "now when we get into the store, there will be no wah-wah, ok?" I wait until I get a collective "no wah-wah" and then we're off. (They seem to understand this for some reason.)

This weekend, we went to gymnastics class (as usual), to the park and to The Home Depot. We were in the clear as far as tantrums go until we got to Home Depot. The shopping carts were right next to the riding lawnmowers. Jace had a cow because he wanted so badly to get on and "drive" them. I didn't really have the time to start something that could have gone on for hours so I refused to let him sit on them. He whined on and off throughout the whole shopping trip but it soon stopped when I bribed him with some lemonade at the check-out counter.

Here's some pictures of the boys enjoying the park. Cade loved the slide.


Jace has a new talent. He knows that Nana drives a Toyota Sequoia and he can spot those things like no one's business. But now, he can spot just the Toyota emblem on ANY kind of vehicle. He's constantly saying "there's Nana". I was really quite impressed that he paid that much attention to small details. Here he is spotting Toyota's in the park's parking lot. (don't you love the hand on the hip?)


I have one picture to leave with ... this is the best $1.97 x 2 that I've ever spent. The bubble tumbler entertained them all weekend and is still continuing to do so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Good to "see you" posting! Taking the boys out and about is fine and dandy, but I don't enjoy all the putting into and taking out of the carseat. I love that he looks for the Toyota on cars! What a smart little guy!

10:54 PM  
Blogger utmommy said...

I still give pep talks to all four of mine before we go anywhere. I wonder when I won't have to do that any more.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home