kearleyzoo

Monday, January 29, 2007

Potty Time

There's been no formal "potty" training going on at our house. We've simply been putting the boys on the big potty in the morning and then again before they take a bath at night. All they usually do is make a "pee-pee" sound...you know....psssst. Then they flush the toilet. They HAVE to flush the toilet...both of them.

Their teachers have been telling us that Cade especially has been dry in the mornings on the days he's there. They think it's time to start potty training. I'm really not in a big hurry but I try to at least discuss it once a day.

Well, last night Cadie Poo surprised me to death!! I started up their bath water and he motioned that he wanted to sit on the potty. When I took his diaper off, I noticed that it was dry. So I was thinking that maybe he needed to go. The sound of the water helped I guess because my little guy concentrated so hard AND ....................... he went PEEPEE ON THE POTTY!

He was so curious as to what was going on, he even managed to put his hand down in the stream. OK, so I guess there's still some work to do on his technique but still....he did it! He was ecstatic! I was praising him and he was SO proud of himself.

I guess I need to purchase some "little people" potties now! We're no where close to being potty trained but it's definitely a start.

I was told that Jace went a little bit on the potty last week while my mother-in-law was watching them. Brittney was a witness to it too! BUT since I wasn't there, I don't classify it! ha ha.

After only having a girl, I'm not quite sure what's in store while potty training 2 boys. I'm sure it'll be interesting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's about where we are. One has went twice on the potty, but the other has no interest at all. As long as they're done by September for preschool.

11:53 AM  
Blogger utmommy said...

My boys didn't potty train until they were 3 1/2. But, when they were ready, it didn't take long. Good Luck!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home