kearleyzoo

Friday, January 05, 2007

What Joys!

I've come to the conclusion that raising 3 kids is difficult. I know it's not really a news flash by now, but in a way it is. At the same time of it being the most difficult job I've ever done in my entire life, it is definitely the most rewarding! I don't think I've EVER been as challenged as I have been in the past year NOR have I ever been as happy! (This is me trying to cook breakfast in the morning.......just a little more challenging as in the past).

For example, whenever I am feeling down or exhausted a simple hug from Jace can instantly cure me. He has a way of hugging you with his entire body.....oh how it melts my heart. Then to top it off, he always adds the pat on the back during the hug......just to seal the hug. The woman who gets him as a husband is a lucky one.

Cade can bring a smile to my face so quickly when I hear his deep little belly laugh. He LOVES to be tickled. He's so darn ticklish, it's hilarious. Whenever he is able to come up for air, he's always asking for "mo, mo". The woman who gets him as husband will be very loved and cared for.

Brittney can challenge me to no end! She is either all over me for attention or way too cool and wants to spend time with her friends. She can melt my heart by saying "love you mom" or "you look nice mom" or just "thanks mom, I appreciate you".

Brittney was a very clingy child up until the boys were born. She has really grown up a lot in the past few years, even though she was always mature for her age. I could not even leave the room without announcing where I was going. If I didn't, I could tell you almost down to the second when she would come into my room to start looking for me. She was and still is my little duckling that follows me around. I think the last time I went to the bathroom alone at home was the night I went into labor with her 9 years ago. (Actually that's not true because before Brittney, we had animal "children" who would do the same thing.) But she is a mini ME...everyone says that. She mimicks my speech and tells a story in the exact same way I would. I'm very proud to see the nurturing and caring young lady that she's become. The years ahead of raising a teenage daughter really scare me, but at the same time excite me. She has so much going for her and so much to look forward to.


Steve is my rock and always has been. He keeps me grounded and helps me realize how important our relationship is also. We try to make time for ourselves without the kids too. Just last week we were able to spend an afternoon together going out to lunch and to a movie. It was so nice because I can't remember the last time we were able to do that. We realize that the kids definitely come first, but we also realize that our marriage needs to stay strong also.

I guess I'm just feeling thankful tonight because I looked into the boys room tonight and saw this:

What's not to be thankful for when you see that!!!!!! Just thought I'd share.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

That is so sweet, I loved the descriptions of the kids, they obviously love their mom!

2:22 AM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

They are amazing, aren't they??

I love the sleeping pictures ... they look so precious. Surely these angels would never be capable of throwing full-body temper tantrums or causing you to lose your mind...!!!

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very nice. I love looking at sleeping babies, so precious. It's amazing how a couple of younger brothers can bring on such significant changes in our young ladies, huh?

11:55 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

I totally agree with motherhood being the most challenging thing I've ever done. It's also the most rewarding. That was a very tender post.

7:02 PM  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

I so know what you mean now that I am a mother. What a beautiful family!!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home