kearleyzoo

Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Cookie Time

The boys "helped" me make cookies this past weekend. Brittney was off having fun with her friend, Kaylee. They went to see Santa Claus 3, went to eat ice cream and then went shopping at Limited Too. Sounds like too much fun for her.

The boys liked rolling out the dough and using the star cookie cutter. Cade kept humming "Twinkle Twinkle Little Start" while he was cutting. It was pretty cute. Jace is definitely my child.......he was eating the dough right along with me. Cade wasn't crazy about it.

They REALLY liked decorating the cookies. Who wouldn't when there's icing and sprinkles to eat!!!???
Then Brittney and Kaylee came back from all their fun and helped us decorate the cookies. Granny stopped by too to babysit for a little while.

My little angel of a son Jace seems to have a problem with transition. I mean this to say that he can be totally fine one minute but when it's time to leave somewhere, change something, stop doing something ... whatever it is, he can't handle the change. After they had dumped the ENTIRE contents of the sprinkle containers on their cookies, I said that it was time to put the stuff away. I had let them go after it with everything, it wasn't like I was restricting what they wanted to put on the cookies. Jace ended up in the naughty chair (as usual) b/c he wasn't ready to stop.

Brittney never experienced the "terrible twos", she went insane at the age of 3. Temper tantrums, attitude, she even told me off in her own little way lots of times. We still laugh at the time that she was SO frustrated and she was stumbling for her words. All she could come up with to call me was a "um, um,.....you're a FREAKY CAT!" It was SO hard not to laugh at her as she was sent to her room for that one.

I think I'm getting a big taste of terrible two's right now. I know there's an end in sight though because I made it through being a freaky cat!! Whew....barely.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I love when the kids try to "help". One of mine loves to help at everything. EVERYTHING. I can't do anything anymore without him coming over to "help." If only their help was actually helpful.

3:20 PM  
Blogger utmommy said...

Hopefully we'll do our cookies either today or tomorrow. Love little helpers!!

11:32 PM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

You're inspiring me to try Christmas cookies. Maybe Wednesday, as tomorrow we're suppose to go to the zoo!

It's got to be so frustrating to be two. I'm not sure if it's more frustrating to be two, or to be the mother of a two year old. (or the mother of MULTIPLE two year olds!!)

Hmmm. That's a toss up.

1:17 AM  
Blogger wayabetty said...

Yummy!! Cookies!! I'm going to be like 300 lbs by the time I'm done with this pregnancy.

And my middle child has gone through the terrible 2's and now he's in the terror 3, we're waiting to see what comes next. It's definitely the middle child syndrome. He can be so sweet one minute and then an exorcist of a child the next!! His favorite saying when he's mad is "I'm not your friend!"

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home