kearleyzoo

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sickies and Santa

Well, we've been under the weather the last few days. I was waiting for the boys to get sick to tell you the truth. They typically have a 6 week cycle of sickness/wellness. We had made it approximately 3 months with nothing but feeling good and being relatively well behaved.

Thursday morning around 2:30, Jace woke up "barking" and just burning up! When I say burning up, I mean BURNING up. My ear thermometer gave me 3 readings of over 105!!!!!!! 105.2, 105.4 and 105.1. Then I went to the under-the-arm one and it said 102.5 (I know to add 1 degree to that). So, realistically it was somewhere around 103ish. That is still very HIGH. Me and Steve kind of panicked......ok, mainly I did. We immediately gave him some motrin and it started to drop within the next 30 minutes. (By the way, I purchased the new and improved temperal reading thermometer. It's wonderful and gives very accurate readings.)

So that morning I sent Cade to Mother's Day Out since he wasn't sick and I headed to the dr. with Jace. I just want to say also that Cade did wonderfully without his brother at school and Jace did extraordinarily good at the dr. without his brother.......interesting. I was kind of worried that Cade would have a meltdown at school, but actually he could have cared LESS.

Jace ended up having croup and a horrible ear infection (wonder if that explains some of his behavior at Brittney's cheer competition last weekend). So we've been managing the fever all weekend and now we're dealing with the severe diaper rash he has from the antibiotic messing up his stomach. Poor baby! He had ELEVEN dirty diapers Saturday morning. His butt was literally on fire and he would just SCREAM every time he went. The doctor told me to start giving him immodium 3 times a day and that stopped it for the rest of the day thankfully.

I'm REALLY tight with my doctor. I even have his home number. He's totally AWESOME! Plus, he was the dr. on call this past weekend. So, I spoke to his office each day since this ordeal started.

Despite all the sickness though, he had planned WEEKS ago to take a picture of Steve's side of the family for a present for his mom. She's been wanting one of all her grandkids for a while now. That day was yesterday. The boys took a GREAT nap before so everyone was absolutely wonderful for the picture. I was so thankful. I'll post a picture when we get them.

On our way out of the mall at 6:55 p.m. yesterday, we passed up Santa's village. There was NO ONE in line. Well, I'm all about no lines for Santa. So, we tossed the kids on Santa's lap and snapped this treasured photo.........

I'm actually surprised that it was Jace crying in the photo. I would have bet money that Cade would have been screaming. Just when we think we've figured out their little personalities, they go and change it up on us.

Just an update too.....as I was trying to post this last night, Cade woke up crying with 102.2 fever. Will it ever end around here???????

4 Comments:

Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Yes, it will end. But keep the motrin (or tylenol) plenty handy and we LOVE popsicles.

I'm so sorry that your guys are feeling so bad, I hope that no one in the else comes down with it too, and everyone is feeling better by the time Santa rolls in to town!

The picture with St. Nick is great ... it's good to see that only one of them is crying. We're going to take our trio this week!!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger utmommy said...

Sorry for the sickies. No fun at all. I'm sick right now,a nd am hoping that my kids don't get it too.

11:12 PM  
Blogger wayabetty said...

Poor babies! I hope they get better soon, and that you won't get sick either. Yeah, we have the temperal thermometer too and it's great!

That picture is priceless!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing! I swear it's more painful when they get sick than when we get sick. Poor little guy! 11 diapers! Jeez louise.

Meanwhile, who's your doctor? I've been on the hunt for a new pediatrician for months with no luck! HELP!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home