kearleyzoo

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Reminiscencing..........

This past weekend I was able to visit one of my old girlfriends, Melissa. We met our freshman year of high school and were the best of friends by our sophomore year. She was my partner in crime during high school... man that girl got me in some trouble.

I like to say that I was very innocent coming to 9th grade from junior high. Heck, I was in the band in middle school, I took homemaking classes and I was on the freakin history team. (by the way....I hate history courses!) I had never drank or smoked and I had only kissed one boy, my true love...Jeff.

My freshman year I got exposed to all new people from different middle schools and they were crazy partiers!! I ended up quitting the band and joining the drill team full time, me and Jeff broke up, and I was a crazy party girl right along with Melissa and all of her friends. We had so much fun. I loved spending time with all of them. My parents couldn't get over how "social" I was and all the friends that came and went in our house. (My brother was more subdued and had just a few close CALM friends.) In their eyes I was their "wild" child.

Anyway, Melissa met Robert our sophomore year and they were inseparable (he was 2 grades ahead of us). Once he graduated, he joined the Marine corp and they continued to date. It was hard for them, but they were really serious.

Fast forward to the future......Melissa and Robert have been married for 15 years in September. Steve and I will be married for 14 on January 9th. Weird how we ended up BOTH marrying our high school sweethearts and we're still going strong.

We had such a good time visiting with them and their kids this past weekend. We've kept in touch via email throughout the years, but I hope we start doing more visits. They only live an hour and a half away!

Here's what 15 years will do to ya........(Melissa...I picked the picture that you were NOT chewing in).


Love you Missy! We had SUCH a good time visiting with all of you!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how neat! I don't think I'm brave enough to post any high school pictures of me. The kid ones were scary enough. But you guys looked cute.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I think ya'll both look awesome! I loved catching up o your christmas, too. The boys are getting sooo big!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do remember how it was "swinging doors" around your mom and dad's house from the times I was over there. I seem to remember Melissa and Michelle D. the most out of all your friends. Whether you know this your not(or want to), I learned a lot about the 80's from watching you, Melissa and Mike and his friends(: I remember all the prom pictures, and I used to love going in your room, looking at all your Eaglette mums and makeup! Y'all were and still are the "coolest!"

11:04 AM  
Blogger utmommy said...

How fun. I had 3 really close friends in high school. We did everything together, and it's been forever since we've seen each other. Reading your story really makes me want to see them. Glad you had fun.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

yeah for old freinds!!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

You guys look great!!!! Aren't girlfriends just the best??? I don't know what I'd do without my girly friends.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home