kearleyzoo

Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Little Gym

I've mentioned before that we go to the Little Gym. We've been enrolled in classes since last March and rarely miss our Saturday morning class. It's a mommy-and-me class, so Brittney usually attends with me to be the other "mommy".

We've had a great time watching the boys' confidence level grow. The first month or two of classes, Cade was very clingy and Jace was very leery. They gradually became more comfortable with their surroundings and learned to let loose. We just kept on coming so we could establish a routine and get them accustomed to it.

Today was our "show" day to finish off the Spring semester. It was so cute. They did their normal group activities but asked the parents to step back and see how much the "Big Beasts" could do themselves. (Big Beasts is the name of the age group their in right now....it's just not me calling them big beasts, even though it's fitting at times). We were all impressed at how far our babies have come.
They played the Olympic music as they had 4 kids at a time come up and accept their ribbons. (Cade refused to stand up). Then they blew bubbles and they all felt so special. I wish they had adult classes so we could ALL feel that good about ourselves.

Needlesstosay, we've made friends with a lot of the other children and their parents. So since some kids won't be back and others will move onto a different age group, we'll miss this class. We're still going to attend, but we'll have different kids in the class now.

There's been lots of benefits to them attending........such as better coordination, balance and social interaction. In the beginning neither one of the boys would do the balance beam. Now Jace gets mad if I try to help!



They were among the first in their class to learn how to jump, gallop, flip and do monkey-jump cartwheels.

I mean, look how they've applied their newfound skills in everyday life.........


I paid a lot of money for them to learn how to do this!!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

You are so lucky to have an extra set of hands from Brittney - - your "little mom". I bet she loves going to My Gym as much as the boys do! The pictures are great.

They just opened a My Gym down the street and I've been contemplating going - but am lacking four extra hands... :)

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks fun. I should take the boys to something like that.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home