kearleyzoo

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

14 YEARS.........

Today is our 14th wedding anniversary. January 9th, 1993 was the magical day for us! (We look like little KIDS! Steve didn't have any gray hair yet either!!)

It seems like just yesterday but then again it seems like forever ago!

I can remember that the wedding went very smoothly. Nothing major went wrong. It was a very, very rainy day though. Guests told us after the church ceremony that during our vows, they heard thunder and lightning crashing down. I guess we were oblivious to it.

Back in the day, women were still dying their shoes to match their outfits. By the end of the rainy night, we had a lot of tie-dye looking shoes at the reception. My mom is still mad that her deep forest green velvet dress got ruined in the rain along with her shoes. It didn't just rain while we were trying to get from the church to the reception, it POURED!

I've been told that rain on your wedding day means that you will be happily married. Maybe since it POURED on ours, we've been showered with an extremely happy marriage. I think I have to agree. Steve has remained my BEST friend since the day I met him. I honestly can not imagine a day without him in it. Sure we live busy and hectic lives, but this is our day to reflect on how far we've come. I think it's the best decision I've ever made.

I love you Steve....Happy Anniversary!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations on 14 years! May you have many more.

10:18 AM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

3:25 PM  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

awww. Happy Anniversary and Good for you!! That's hard work and it sounds like you really enjoy each other every day. I'm impressed...especially since I'm on my 2nd go at this marriage thing!

Thanks for stopping by my site. I really like yours, too and I'm going to add you to my favorites if that's cool?

10:37 PM  
Blogger Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

How sweet...I love the picture!

Happy Anniversay and Congrats!

Stephanie

2:37 AM  
Blogger wayabetty said...

What a beautiful couple! Happy anniversary to you both! Yup, that's what they say about rain on your wedding day too, but we say that you'll have lots of money when it rains on your wedding day.

9:17 AM  
Blogger utmommy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

It poured on our wedding day too! And my hubby is my best friend. I'm thrilled to say we are happily married too!

I wish you many more wonderful years together.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Teresa, I love your train, you guys look so beautiful together! Happy Anniversary to you both! I'm sure the thunder was not nearly as loud as your hearts...

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teresa..before you mentioned the rain and right when you mentioned the shoes, I instantly thought of how the fuchsia dye got all over my parents' '82 Caprice car mats (that happened to be beige)! But we had a blast at your wedding. I wish y'all the best! Seems like good luck for ppl who get married at the beginning of Jan. We just celebrated our 6th, on the 6th, and Tim's grandparents celebrated their 60th-something on the 9th.
Love,
Regina L.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home