kearleyzoo

Thursday, January 25, 2007

It's a WRAP

I don't know if anyone out there watches the TV Show called Friday Night Lights. I have a couple of times. I usually end up feeling very dizzy from the way the camera shoots all of the scenes so I don't watch it a lot. It's VERY popular here in Texas and every single high school student I've mentioned it to is an avid fan!

Steve got a call last week from some fellow rugby players that they needed some extras in one of the scenes. If you don't watch it, they have a story line going about one of the high school students. He breaks his neck in a football game and becomes a quadriplegic. When he's in rehab, he gets exposed to the game of rugby. Well, this has my husband's name written all over it. It's all too familiar.

So, he didn't go into work on Tuesday so he could go and be famous!! He made the drive over to Austin, TX (where the show is usually shot). I told him that I should go just to tell the cameraman to hold the damn camera still for once! just kidding.

Here's his brush with fame........



He called on his way home and said "It's a wrap! We finished up the shoot!" Good lord, who does he think he is? I hope his head can fit through the door....ha ha.
He had a good time and will collect approximately $300 for his small part. Pretty good, huh? When we find out when it airs, I'll let you know! I can maybe hook you up with a few autographs too!

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Teresa, that is exciting! $300 is awesome pay for something that was fun to do. I know I have asked before, but for some reason I haven't been able to retain the info, where abouts in Houston do you live? I have family up by Lake Houston in Crosby. Are you familiar with that area? We are looking to move there (not positive, but likely) when our house FINALLY sells.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chWow, how lucky is he! I've never seen the show before, but now I must watch it.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

cool! tell us when it's on!

9:59 PM  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

Right on! I record it all the time. It's a great show!!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

That's really neat! I've heard good things about that show but I always seem to miss it. This will be a good reason to catch an episode!!!

And about my blog template... Lindsay from Splat Designs did it for me and she was GREAT! Super sweet and very easy to work with. Her prices are in a post about midway down on her website (dated NOV 29th) http://www.splatdesigns.blogspot.com/ She can make just about as much or as little changes to your own blog as you like. She is also running a contest right now for a free template if you have some extra time (yea right!!)

Anyway, I look forward to hearing about the show!

Stephanie

1:43 AM  
Blogger Pendullum said...

That is really neat...

11:13 AM  
Blogger wayabetty said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! Hey, before you know it, you guys might be packing up bags and head WEST!! Like Hollywood west!

I don't watch the show, but when the hubbie's on, please let me know!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home