kearleyzoo

Monday, February 12, 2007

Ready for the Sun!

I am ready for Spring and Summer to come. Please come and rescue us from this nasty dreary weather we have been having. It's been cold and damp for the past 5 days or so. The sun was out in the beginning of last week but hasn't made a reappearance since.

I've mentioned before that my boys LOVE OUTSIDE. They are tired (and I am tired...and Nana is tired) of keeping them cooped up indoors. Plus we have a stomach virus epidemic going around Brittney's school and the surrounding areas. I'm not too keen on getting the boys out to go and catch new germs. No thank you. Right now, knock on wood, we're all okay.

So, this weekend was pretty boring. Although we deserve a boring weekend after all the travel and excitement of last weekend. I needed to just chill.

Jace and Cade, however, did not get that memo. They decided to get up at an ungodly time yesterday morning. I think I heard Cade freaking out around 5 or 5:15. I went to rescue him from waking up Jace and brought him in bed with us. This is always a mistake...he thinks we're having a party in there. He never went back to sleep.

Jace woke up on his own at 5:45. They were BOTH so cranky and so was I. By 7 o'clock Cade had so many breakdowns that we decided to put him back into his bed. He apparently just needed a little "me" time (I know the feeling). He was in a much better mood after about 15 minutes of quiet time.

But the morning was L-O-N-G..........

Brittney entertained the boys in her room for a little while. They came out looking like this.......


We have way too many of these blackmail pictures now. I can't believe Cade participated. Normally he sits back and watches his brother act like a fool.

The movie Cars is my new HERO! They are totally fascinated with this movie and can literally sit in their chairs (with a snack and a drink) for about 20-30 minutes. That's enough time for me to take a bath and get myself dressed. It's Wonderful and saved me yesterday. (I actually LOVE this movie too...it's so cute!)

They ended up sleeping for4 hours in the afternoon. I, of course, didn't get to enjoy the quiet time at home. I had a hair appointment and Brittney and Steve were the designated babysitters. BUT, the boys never knew I was even gone...they slept for so long.

I can guarantee you that if I was home, they would've only taken an hour nap or so.

They got to go outside for a little bit last night, but still......WE'RE READY FOR THE SUN!



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice mommy
brittney

4:55 PM  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

hahaha. Priceless pic!!!!

11:42 PM  
Blogger wayabetty said...

Oh, I know that feeling! And man, poor boys they will not live to hear the end of these pix. I can see blackmail written all over that too! That's why we're MOMS!! ;-)

2:19 PM  
Blogger utmommy said...

I'm so ready for the warmth and sun!

The boys will love those pix when they get older :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

This totally makes my day!!

I can already imagine that these pictures will be hanging up all over the reception when they get married!!! It's glorious having an older sister!!! When is she going to put make-up on them?!?

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home