kearleyzoo

Thursday, February 01, 2007

An Update of sorts.......

  • The potty training thing.........it was a one time wonder. Now, Cade refuses to even sit on the potty. He prefers to get into the bathtub as the bath water is running and THEN go pee-pee. I knew it was too good to be true. He DOES continue to be dry throughout the day and absolutely HATES to have poo-poo in his diaper. So eventually we'll try again!
  • We've been busy re-decorating Brittney's room. Her room is pastel pink and her furniture is white-washed. We have officially redone her room in her cheer team colors........pink, black and white. We're simply adding black accents throughout the room. I surprised her last weekend by having her room rearranged and TOTALLY cleaned up and organized when she got back from staying the night with Granny. She's made her bed almost everyday this week b/c it's so organized now........
  • This coming weekend is the BIG cheer competition in San Antonio, TX. This is the weekend that the infamous "parent" team is performing.........that would be ME!! This competition is the BIGGEST one of the year and is held in the Alamodome. That place holds a LOT of people and I will be performing!!!!!!!! I used to be on drill team in high school and perform all the time, but that was 20 years ago!!!!!!!!!
  • Also, one more thing about this competition. I'm in the front for the beginning of our routine, so when we line up to come onto the floor....guess who's the first in line? That's right. ME!!! It really is like drill team all over again. I'm just older, about 20 pounds heavier and a LOT more out of shape!
  • We finally completed our TWO AND A HALF MINUTE routine this past weekend. That's all it is and it's taken us THREE MONTHS to learn it. And I'm not kidding when I tell you that after we do the entire routine ALL out, we are ALL sucking some serious wind. On our Sunday practice last weekend, we did the entire thing 5 times and I swear I could barely walk on Monday.
  • It will be a LOT of fun this weekend. It's just going to be me and Brittney and we're going to have nothing but "girl" time together. I'm looking forward to getting away. The grandmas are going to work a split shift this weekend to watch the boys. Steve will be busy with school work and rugby practice.
  • I'm getting Brittney out of school at 11:30 tomorrow and then we're off to lunch and then to get pedicures. Like I said........girl time this weekend.
  • Think about and pray for me around 11:32 a.m. on Saturday morning. That's when our parent group goes on to perform. There are 10 parent teams and we are the FIRST ones!!!! No pressure or anything........wish me luck!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I want to see a video of your performance this time!

10:50 AM  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

ENJOY your weekend. Girl time and pedicures are the best!!

3:44 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

That is great! I can't wait to hear how it went!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Awww...I can't wait for girl time with Lauren!!! You guys are going to have so much fun...best of luck to both of you this weekend!

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude what happened??? Where's the video? My heart dropped because I just read this post and I didn't get to wish you luck! So belated good luck I know you'll do awesome. I must admit, I miss the "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 up 1 up 2 3,4......" Details, video and updates and a pic of how Brittney's room came out, yes, those are all the requests for today. Please and thank you!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home