kearleyzoo

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Where have I been?

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted. AND I don't see any changes in the near future.

The small company I work for has been acquired by a much larger one. We have been issued new laptops and new blackberries. This would normally be great...but now my internet viewing is non-existent. There are so many rules and regulations that we're not accustomed to, but boy are we learning quickly. There's a "web-marshall" and several "web-deputies". I thought they were just names, but these people really exist...I met them. They are not well-liked in the company.

So not to bore you with all the details, but our on-going "transition" has been pure hell. Everything about this change is great....salary, benefits, people, future advancement. There's only ONE little thing that we are not crazy about. We have to drive into downtown Houston now. I used to have a measly 15 minute commute to work, now that has been replaced by a minimum of 45 minutes. I'm just glad my boss now will still be my immediate supervisor and is totally cool with my homelife responsibilities.

Anyway, I need to work and I'd be STUPID to pass up this incredible opportunity that's been handed to me. I'm just going to have to deal with it.

So you'll be seeing much less from me on the blog.

But SO much has happened. We've been SO busy! Brittney has been involved in a lot of activities, the boys are getting cuter and cuter and also more difficult to deal with on a daily basis.

As far as dealing with 2 year olds goes, I feel I'm capable to handle quite a bit. But something has overcome my sweet innocent little angel boys....it's a certain word known as MINE. This word is very powerful to me. I can not STAND to hear them fighting and yelling MINE. My fuse is so short and I immediately start yelling myself. I hate that it affects me in such a negative way and I'm TRYING to deal with it, but Lord give me strength........SERENITY NOW!!!

Onto the adult-life at the Kearley household. Last weekend we had so much fun! We had some friends in from out of town. She had just been accepted for an intership in Alaska and Steve had just finished taking his comprehensive final for his college courses....we had a lot to celebrate. So we hired a babysitter Saturday night and we all went to a tattoo place. Yes, that's right....a tattoo place. Steve and our friend Leah had BIG plans to get tattoos. (He's been wanting another one for awhile now. She had too!)

I just realized I don't have a finished version of his to show you, but here's one DURING the procedure.
Here's HER finished product.

There was some GOOD people watching to do at this tattoo place. This was the customer service manager of the store. (Her husband was the owner - who is doing Steve's tattoo). She was actually really nice and really cute. She has been been a featured model in several tattoo magazines.
I'm SO out of this world, but it was neat to "visit" for one night. I got lots of peer pressure to get a tattoo, but I just don't know what I would get. I don't like anything enough to permanently tattoo it to my body.

Then we headed over to a karaoke bar to meet up with more friends. I was doubtful when we first walked in this place. But after a few drinks, we warmed up to the place and ended up having SO much fun. We closed it down at 2 a.m. I can't remember the last time I've done that.

Anyway, here's a picture of my boyfriend that I met at the karaoke bar. (Steve was SO jealous....ha ha!)


He performed "Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue (Steve's favorite song, by the way). Before he went on stage, he asked ME (see, I told you he was my boyfriend) if he could hand out lighters to our table to hold up while he sang. We were honored.

Let me just tell you, he could really sing....but BOY did he take his karaoke seriously! He not only brought his own microphone and microphone stand complete with material tied to it like Aerosmith, he also had FIREWORKS on his belt that he pulled out at a certain part of the song. We thought that maybe our lighters were malfunctioning when he did his firework thing. It was so weird.

As awesome as he was at karaoke, it was sad to see that he was such a LOSER. I'm sure he attends every weekend. The guys running the karaoke machine seemed to know him.

Well, here's a few pictures of my boys this evening playing in the MUD. They were happy as could be. I just figured that they were going straight to the bathtub anyway.

I must go, this weekend is our LAST cheer competition and we have to be there at 6:45 a.m. YES, that's right. This will require me to get up by 4 a.m. in order to get ourselves ready.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Good to "see" you again! Sounds like you have been busy, but loving it!

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are busy, busy, busy. Good luck with all the new adventures. Those boys are definitely getting bigger.

10:13 AM  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

I love me a kareoke bar. And I always regret it the next morning because I have no business torturing people with my singing!! *sigh*

7:41 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

well, I'm not really into tattoos, but Leah's is pretty neat looking. It sounds like you guys are really busy, I hope the job works out!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Teresa!
So where's your's???
I want a tatoo, but I need to be available to give blood at a moment's notice. I want an "e to the x" tatoo. My friends and I had deal that whoever completed the math degree, we would get an "e to the x" tatoo(:(:
yeah..commuting's a witch!
Love you,
Regina L.

2:33 PM  
Blogger utmommy said...

You've had a lot going on. Good luck with all the adjusting at work, but it sounds like it will be all for the better.

Sounds like you guys had a great night out. It's always fun to "get away".

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home