kearleyzoo

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Allergies Stink!

The weather in Houston right now is unpredictable. I will turn the air conditioner on before we go to bed b/c it's a little stifling inside. Then when I wake up in the morning and flip the switch over to the heater.

It's no wonder that we've all been a bit under the weather. Plus all of the flowers and trees are confused as to what season it is. They're already starting to bloom and thus the allergies start for me.

Cade had a sinus infection 2 weeks ago and Jace had yet another ear infection along with croup. They just finished one round of antibiotics (which is always lovely to their stomach and their poor little rear ends) and now they need another one. Cade could barely breath tonight because he could not stop coughing.

I honestly could open a pharmacy at my house. I have so many prescriptions for decongestants, albuterol, xeponex, cough medicine....you name it. I always call my doctor to inform him of the self-medicating I'm doing. He usually agrees with everything and I only have to take the kids in if it's beyond my medical capability such as an infection.

It's pretty sad that now the boys will sit totally by themselves to do a nebulizer treatment. They've been doing them on and off since they were 4 months old. (We actually own 3 breathing machines...sad, I know). I really think we need to test them for asthma.


Hopefully we'll get better soon. Next week is Spring Break! At least Brittney and Steve have Spring Break, I only wish I did.

This past weekend, we attended the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo to see Hannah Montana and the Cheetah Girls. There was a new record crowd there....something along the lines of 73,000 people. Can you imagine the lines we had to wait in? It was insane!!!! They sold out of t-shirts....every single shirt they had in the arena was SOLD! We were lucky enough to at least get a Cheetah Girl shirt (even though they wanted Hannah Montana the most). I took Brittney and 2 of her friends, Lexi and Cassie. They had a GREAT time eating all kinds of junk, riding carnival rides and listening to their 2 favorite singing groups. The park and ride bus that we took in order to AVOID traffic had an hour and a half wait after the concert. We didn't get home until 11:45 p.m. Sunday night. Monday morning came along too quickly! But at least we enjoyed it.

I wish I had some pictures, but on the way to the rodeo my camera was acting up. I stopped by Best Buy and they had to send it in for repair. So, I didn't take a single picture.

I just love their little PJs. I wish I could wear them and look as cute!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lana said...

you saw Hannah Montana?! My DD would die!

I hear you on the allergies we're sneezing and sniffling away in the metroplex too.

10:43 PM  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

Yuk! Allergies stink. I hope you're all feeling better soon.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allergies are horrible, I hope it gets better soon.

How'd you like the concert? We thought it was great when we saw them last fall.

10:51 AM  
Blogger wayabetty said...

Oh, poor kids! My niece and nephew also have to use the nebulizer too for their asthma. I hope your kids don't have it.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home