kearleyzoo

Sunday, April 08, 2007

So Much to Catch up on......

Sorry for my lack of posts...it's definitely NOT because of the lack of things to post about that's for sure. It's due purely to the lack of time. I vow to at least post once a week, but last weekend Mother Nature didn't participate. We woke up last Saturday morning to a horrible thunderstorm and NO lights. Let me repeat that. Steve was out out of town, Brittney was at a friend's house and I was alone with 2-2 1/2 year olds and there were NO LIGHTS.

(This is them watching the rain fall, playing with flashlights and listening to a battery-powered radio...fun, fun).


Can you imagine how many times that 2 and a half year olds ask for the lights ("YIGHTS") to be turned on? and can you possible imagine how many times they ask for the Wiggles to be turned on? It's not even possible to count. The first 2 hours were ok. It wasn't hot, I was able to cook breakfast and we pretended to be camping with our flashlights. After that, I lost interest and so did the boys. I called Brittney at her friends house who was a mere 5 minutes away and they were fine with electricity. Then I called my mom, a mere 15 minutes away and they were fine. What's the luck? So we packed up and headed to Nana's.

Once we made a complete mess of Nana's house, I called the house and heard the answering machine pick up (I'm smart like that) and knew that we had electricity. We were out for about 7 hours. Good lord, what did they do in the "old days"?

Needlesstosay, we didn't get internet connection up and going for another couple of days and I got sucked back into day-to-day exhausting life.

Within this two week span of no-postings, Brittney's cheer gym has closed and she attended try-outs at a new, bigger, WAY more expensive but oh-so-much better place. This gym doesn't mess around and they are HUGE.

Brittney came down sick with an ear infection and sinusitis on Monday. Guess who got sick on Thursday..little Cadey Poo! Jace started his antics on Friday and I started feeling like crap yesterday. So Steve is destined to be the next one. We just can't catch a break. But going from 80 degree weather to 40 degree weather in a couple of days doesn't help us out much.

As I type this at 11:00 p.m., I can still hear the sounds of little boys awake in their cribs. I don't know how they haven't learned to climb out or WHY they haven't done so. I read so many horror stories about kids doing this! But they've been awake in their cribs for going on 3 hours now. I've gone in there 3 times. The first 2 were sweet...they wanted kisses and hugs and to be covered up again. The 3rd time Cade had absolutely SHREDDED a book in his crib and onto the floor.

I guess it's due to all the chocolate and excitement we had in the house today. We hosted Easter dinner this year. ALL of the kiddos were wound UP today.

There's excitement on Easter....


you have Chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner in our house...

you have lots of Easter eggs to hunt with your cousins..... (By the way, this is the first year Brittney wanted to HIDE the eggs instead of HUNT them.) She's just growing up so fast.

More to come...when time permits.

4 Comments:

Blogger utmommy said...

Sounds like you've been busy. I don't know what they did in the "old" days with no electricity. I would go crazy.

Looks like a successful Easter!

2:13 PM  
Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

I'm loving the pics and especially the sleeper pj's. So glad you guys had a Happy Easter!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Adventures with Leah said...

OK, so you have talked me into becoming a blogger....You may get a call on how to actually operate this thing! ;)

12:14 AM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

I'm sure it sounds crazy - but being inside wtih the kids while a rainstorm is howling outside sounds very cool!

Of course, I might just like the looks of the pictures and having to experience it myself would be a different issue.

Glad to "see" you back! :)

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home