kearleyzoo

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Been WAY too long!

I can't believe I haven't updated my blog since MOTHER'S DAY!!!! Oh my goodness.

So much has gone on....So much to share.

First starters, we've decided to take the plunge and build a bigger house! We've been discussing the idea of moving into a bigger house since the boys came along. Our little 2300 square feet, 3 bedroom home was perfect when we had a family of 3, but now we are busting out at the seams around here. We could never settle on a location though. We found a HUGE one story plan years ago that we LOVED, but it wasn't being built anywhere around us. Then, last year they started clearing out the area behind our house. It took them forever. Matter of fact it's been a year to date and they have finally starting building homes. It's a lovely gated community that will definitely keep our property values high! AND, cue the singing angels.........they are building the exact 3100 square foot floorplan that we spotted years ago!! It's just a sign to me that it's meant to be.

The thought of the actual process of packing and moving makes me sick to my stomach. BUT it's just a small price to pay. The lot we bought is literally a 2 minute walk away. An added bonus is that Brittney will go to the same schools. Now, we just need to find a money tree somewhere, sell our house, and magically snap our fingers to have the moving process DONE.

Moving onto the kiddos. We've had BIG developments the past couple of days. I received a call at work the other day from JACE, yes my 2 1/2 year old son JACE, to tell me that he went poo poo on the potty. He was so proud. Apparently they were playing in their pool outside (in their birthday suits) and Jace was a little tooty. My mom asked him if he needed to go poo poo and he quickly answered YES. So they all headed into the bathroom to watch him poop. Well, being the typical man that he is...he ordered everyone out so he could have some privacy. Nana listened to him grunt from the other side of the door and heard his progress "plop" into the toilet. The reason I say she heard it is because as soon as Cade entered the bathroom to view his brother's accomplishment he said "yucky poo-poo" and flushed it away! No one actually saw it, but there was evidence it existed.

The SAME situation happened this evening. This time we got to witness it and we let HIM flush it after doing the obligatory "poo-poo" dance. I don't know if this is the beginning of potty training or what. I had actually thought the boys may start kindergarten in diapers still. They just have NO interest whatsoever until this popped up.

All I can say is "COOL........."

Ms. Brittney is off tomorrow to a YMCA camp for an entire week! She went last year and absolutely loved it. I won't be able to talk to her AT ALL except by letters. No phones, no email, no computers, no electronic games. Wow, what an eye opener for her. But they take a ton of pictures throughout the day and download them every night to their website for the parents to view. As long as I can see her having a good time, I'm alright.

I can't believe that I've been blogging for almost a year now. This is my 96th entry. That's a pretty pathetic rate of publication. I just can't seem to squeeze it in at the end of the day anymore. I think the days have gotten shorter. Surely I'm not getting older or anything!

A few more important items. Steve finally graduated with his masters in Administration. He's in the process of looking for a position as an Assistant Principal. His current school has a few openings and he hopes to get hired on there. We'll see.

We had a huge graduation party for him last weekend. It was soooo much fun! Boy was it hot though. What else should kids do when they're at a graduation party and they're hot? Well, get on the trampoline with the hose. That makes it good and slippery. But why stop there? Ask your mom for some dishwashing soap to lather it up and make it REALLY slippery!


I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this going on in my backyard. They had a blast though. Later that night several of the kids broke out with a rash. Maybe an entire bottle of Palmolive will do that to you.
We went to see Stevie Nicks after Steve's graduation party. When we got home to relieve Steve's mom of her babysitting duties, we found a house that was 82 degrees and not budging. Needlesstosay after a very LONG night where the temperature never went below 82 degrees, we had to call someone out to fix our air conditioner. Keep in mind it was Sunday morning and I was scared to see how much someone could charge us for that. BUT we were willing to pay ANY amount to stop the pain. I didn't realize how spoiled we are when our air conditioning is functioning correctly. So, a mere $360 later we had air. OH...lovely air.
Isn't the timing kind of strange that the day before we put money down on our new lot, our air conditioning goes on the blink. We decided to ignore it and move on. All systems are still GO!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

WOW...so much going on! Congrats to everyone on their accomplishments: pooing in the potty, finishing masters, new house, etc!

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kHey it's me McKenna. Wow I didn't know your air conditioning went out. Wow, Britt must not tell me much. Now I finally reliaze how many things I might of missed out on with Britt. Anyway just wanted to drop a note because I was VERY BORED!!!!!!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger utmommy said...

Sounds like busy times!

The trampoline looks like fun!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home