kearleyzoo

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Life as a 9 year old!!

As I've written before on the blog, my daughter is a very social little girl! I don't ever worry about her making friends or not having plans. She always has something in the works and can usually arrangement just about anything within reason.

Her cheer team mom called the other night to let us know about a team party they were planning at a new indoor game/pizza/rides-type place called ITZ. She went on to say that this place had its' own stretch Hummer limo and we could rent it for dollars a child if everyone went in on it! Brittney has been DYING to ride in a limo, so I immediately agreed to chip in!

Look at this awesome, BRIGHT, limo ride they took!

She was in heaven. She said they got to jam out to tween music while they watched the flat screen TV and had a ceiling that twinkled different color sparkles.

The rest of our crew went to hang out and pick Brittney up. I didn't think the evening would go that great because Jace decided to NOT take a nap that day. It was a chance, but we took it. It was pretty overwhelming for the boys, but they liked it. They played skee-ball, rode the horses and even agreed to ride the train. Jace was dying to ride it a second time but we couldn't convince Cade to endure the ride twice. Jace, however, ended up crying during his second turn...I think he got a little scared and his heart went beep beep (that's what they say when they get scared!)

(I had to chase a skee ball or two that made it's way off of the game.)

They watched Sissy ride a disko. It was an indoor roller coaster thing that went up higher and higher and turned around at the same time. It was kind of loud and this is what the boys looked like while watching...

They kept saying "it's Yowd"....that's 2 year old speech for "it's Loud"!

We had to pay for a buffet in order to get into this place, so we make our way down to the food and tried to get our money's worth. I think we succeeded!

Once Jace had officially had enough and thrown himself down on the floor for the third time or so, we scooped everyone up and left.

On to more examples of how "socially advanced" my daughter is....

When we get home, there are NINE messages on our answering machine. On a good day there may be 3 or 4 messages with ONE of them actually being for us. But NINE was definitely out of the ordinary. I kind of started to get worried and checked my cell phone to make sure there wasn't a family emergency of some sort. But there was nothing.

As we listened to the messages, they all seemed to be from Brittney's "boyfriend" Blake...and he was using his cell phone. I use the term boyfriend very loosely. They have simply liked each other since Kindergarten. BUT this boy has started to call the house on occasion. Steve has had a COW over this...I don't care all that much because I figure it's pretty innocent.

Each message he left, he got louder and demanded that Brittney "answer her darn phone". EXCUSE ME??? Is this a NINE year old boy talking to MY daughter like that? Steve and I are officially pissed off when we finish listening to the messages. Not only have you talked to my daughter like that, but you have done it on my home number that affects mommy and daddy now!

This boy is not very smart though. He continued to call back after we were home. When Steve answered and told him to put his mother on the phone, Blake HUNG UP ON HIM! A few more calls were made to our house, but he hung up even before we could say hello! There was approximately 15 calls from him on our caller ID that evening...with the last one being at 10:07 PM!!!!....and we were never able to get in touch with his parents. Steve and I went to bed with a little unease.

The next day he started all over again. He left 2 messages apologizing for his previous day's messages. But alas in the evening...after the 10th call or so for this new day...I answered and he actually asked for Brittney. I immediately started lecturing him on how this was not acceptable behavior and I needed to speak to his parent. He gave me her number and I repeated it. I told him he could talk to Brittney for a minute, but I was about to call his mother. Turns out he handed the phone over to his friend who was spending the night and he "broke-up" with her for Blake.

THEN the number that the little sh*t gave me wasn't his mother's at all, it was his older brother's cell phone! I was BOILING mad!

Then we started receiving more calls from his brother's number resulting in them hanging up on us.

Since these people were unlisted in every form and fashion, I put my detective nature into use. I went into our county's appraisal district website and pulled up where this little brat lived. I printed out a map on google's website and made a little trip over to his house at 10:15 PM.

You know he was pooping in his pants when I rang his doorbell at this time of the evening.

His dad ended up answering and was absolutely oblivious to the fact that all of the calls had been made. I showed him a record that I kept of all the calls and also the times. I told him I didn't appreciate the fact that his son was rude and disrespectful to my daughter, myself and my husband. He totally agreed and even made Blake come out there so I could scold him myself. My heart was absolutely pounding, but I didn't care. I wanted to show him that he needs to treat adults with respect and he didn't have the upper-hand on me.

WHEW!!! It was an exhausting evening, but I'm glad we stopped it before it got too crazy!! If all of this is happening and my daughter is only NINE...what in the world do we have to look forward to?


2 Comments:

Blogger Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Oh my goodness...what a little BRAT! That's awesome that you went over there...you go MOM!!!

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That kid had to learn to be that sneaky and coniving from somewhere...it really makes you wonder....it's border-line stalking!
ReginaL

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home