kearleyzoo

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Good and Bad Things About a Birthday

Today is my 36th Birthday.

My morning began as I was awakened at 7 o'clock to the sound of giggling little boys in the room next to me. Once my eyes focused on the alarm clock, I realized that I had forgotten to set the alarm and I WAS LATE!! I'm usually ready by this time and getting the boys out of bed if they're awake. My mom arrives at 7:20 and I'm usually gone by 7:30.

Boy did I kick in into gear. Luckily I could just throw my hair in a clip, wash my face, throw some make-up on and throw on a reliable outfit. I was actually out the door at my usual time. I even had enough time to eat the bagel that Steve prepared for me and had happy birthday sung to me by the boys before I left.

I was greeted by some lovely traffic on the way to work....how nice!!

But once I got there, I had a small bake sale going on at my desk. There were 2 dozen donuts, a better-than-sex cake and a cookie/brownie cake that was absolutely OUT of this world.

THEN as if that wasn't enough to make me gain back the 9 pounds I've recently lost by doing Weight Watchers, they insisted on taking me out for lunch.

I LOVE the people I work with, they are GREAT and they are like my second family. They even sung Happy Birthday to me at the table...not the waiters from the restaurant, it was my co-workers who sang to me! It was a riot!

Here's me being FORCED to eat a piece of coconut birthday cake....

My best birthday present was a new camera from my family...which I desperately needed. My other one has seen better days. Plus an hour massage from my parents, which INCLUDES babysitting services!

But the absolute best present was to hear that tomorrow could be the official start of building on our new house.


We can't wait for the building to start. It gets exciting when you see all the good stuff you picked out in the design center actually going into YOUR house. But then the reality of moving and packing sinks in.... oh so much to get ready for!!

This birthday was much better than last year when my present included trading in my GMC Envoy for a mini-van!! That was tough!

Birthdays aren't a bad thing at all....I have a lot of special people in my life and I'm very thankful!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger wayabetty said...

AHHH!! Happy belated b-day to you Teresa!! Glad you had a great b-day!

Can't wait to see the new house going up. That is so exciting but also a lot of work as well.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I knew it was in mid-July, but couldn't remember the date.
You don't look at day over 25!...seriously!
Love you,
Regina L.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home