kearleyzoo

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Crazy or NOT?

We're at a small crossroads in our house.

The boys have definitely outgrown their cribs. Whenever I tell people that my twin boys who will be THREE in almost 3 months are still in their cribs, they simply cannot believe it! What they REALLY can't believe is that they haven't ONCE climbed out of them. One person even exclaimed "What kind of boys are you raising?"

I have to say that I'm truly amazed too! All the horrible thoughts of crazy boys acting like crazy monkeys went through my mind early on, but it just never happened. We've always told them that they will fall and hit their heads and get a BOW-BOW and it will hurt. DONE. Here lately they've been getting their steps and they'll climb in and out if the side rail is down. But if it's not down, forget it!

Now granted, they like to do some gymnastics-arm-push-up-thing on the side rail that makes it look like they are going to topple over, but that's it.

Brittney was in a big girl bed before she was even 2! Why? I don't really remember. I DO remember being a bit more anal about things when it was just her!

I remember that the Easter Bunny took her binkies away when she was 2 1/2. (Ahem, Cade still takes his binky at night...) I remember being nervous that she wasn't quite potty trained at the age of 2 (oh my!). She wasn't fully trained until she was 2 1/2! (Ahem, the boys could really care less about being potty trained - it's all on their terms.) Food would have NEVER been eaten food off of the floor or she would have NEVER run around in a wet or dirty diaper. GEEZ...both of these things happen on a daily basis now!

Anyway, I've decided that the cribs are truly about to fall apart. The boys may not be climbers, but they are definitely JUMPERS!! Cade is in Brittney's old bed and Jace is in my niece's old bed. That makes each bed approximately 10 years old! All of the screws have been tightened to the point that they are stripped. These beds rattle like no one's business when they get going!

So, I've decided to go and purchase BIG boy beds tomorrow. We're going to go for twin beds that will eventually make bunk beds. I'm not brave enough to put one of them UP in a bunk bed yet...but later they will enjoy it and they will have more room.

Wish me luck! By Saturday afternoon we should be taking our first UNCONFINED nap in big boy beds!

This is really more of a test for me. I've become accustomed to the fact that when they're asleep, it's the ONE place they can't roam free. I do remember that when Brittney was first in her big girl bed, she would still lay in bed and yell for me to come and get her. I just don't see the boys doing that. I am picturing them poking me in the eyes to wake me up in the morning.

I have a feeling that naps are about to become nonexistent...especially for Jace. Cade still loves to curl up for a good nap!

Wish us luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey's trio said...

Yikes! I cringe at the thought of big girl beds in our house! I'm sure we will be close to 3 before we make the change over also. I have a good year left before I start worrying baou that.
Good luck. I'll check back for an update:)

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home