kearleyzoo

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Growing UP

It's surreal to realize that these are my last babies. Steve and I only wanted one more child after Brittney. But after years of trying (thinking WE were in control), God gave us one more (and a little bonus).

I have made "mental" notes along the way to try and remember things that they were doing at certain ages. I have those traditional first year calendars with the stickers that read "sat up by myself" or "first tooth". Nothing compares to this blogging thing though. I mean I kept a small journal with Brittney and I totally treasure it, but I can track EVERYTHING now! I love it!

I remember when the boys took their last bottle and I thought to myself..."I never have to make another bottle in my life...NEVER". But on the other hand I remember thinking..."I never have to make another bottle in my life....my babies are growing up.....AAHHH". It's all so bittersweet!

For example, when Jace and Cade started going to mother's day out in May they were miserable. They cried/screamed for the better part of the morning. I remember the first day that my mom and I took them. They were ALL smiles strolling over to the school but the minute they realized that we were leaving, it hit the fan. I left and went directly to work and my mom went to run a few errands but was going to stay close to the house. By the time I got to my office (a mere 15 minutes from the house) I had already received a call from the school saying that Cade was screaming and was inconsolable. We had opted NOT to include their "binkies" or "loveys" for fear of other kids' germs on them. Boy did I wish we hadn't done that. They were so desperate, they were going to send someone over to my house (right down the street) to get a binky.


This is the BEFORE going to school picture. (Unfortunately I don' t have an AFTER)

Needlesstosay, when my mom picked them up after a couple of hours Jace had fallen asleep in the corner of the room on a mat. Cade was laying down with his head on Jace...half asleep too! She said they looked ROUGH and absolutely pathetic. They started crying the MINUTE they saw her with the whole pouty lips and big crocodile tear thing.




Let's fast forward to the present now.............. a mere 5 months later.........

My BIG boys get excited when you mention school and their teacher's names. They actually have FUN and rarely have tears when Nana drops them off (unless they're having a bad day in general). They get to do crafts, they have music time and they learn a letter and color every week. I've even noticed that Cade will start singing the melodies to certain nursery rhymes and they will even do motions to the words! What a nice change of pace. They're officially on their way to growing up. I like it, but then again I don't!!!!!! I can't believe they'll be 2 on the 26th................

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! I bet you're so proud of them! My best bud put her daughter in MDO at around the same time that you did and same story. The little Noodle loves loves loves the school and teacher!

I hadn't thought about the bittersweet....ahhh....but just think in about 25 years, you'll get grandchildren!

yikes.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home