kearleyzoo

Sunday, September 24, 2006

LOTS of Celebrating

We had a little get together for Brittney's birthday on Saturday. We decided that she could have over just a few classmates. (We've done a LOT of different types of parties in the past....huge family ones at our house, we've had them at different places such as The Little Gym, Club Libby Lu, and last year we let her have a sleepover. That was NOT going to be the case this year.) Brittney wanted a small gathering and she took that and ran...........she planned her own party this year - from start to finish. She's an absolute mess. She saw some American Idol decorations in a BirthdayExpress.com magazine and just HAD to have them.


First on her agenda was presents.........(imagine that?)

Then we moved onto the real party.....the American Idol contest.....She moved her karoake machine into the living room, she brought out all of her CDs and we helped her move the furniture back. She set up a "make-up" area so the girls could GLAM IT UP before they went onto stage. It was hilarious. Everyone that came participated and had a GREAT time. Sometimes there are kids that are shy and will sit back, but not at this party. It was really nice that we didn't have to worry if everyone was having a good time or not. We all sang and danced and clapped as they attempted to sing. Steve and myself even participated in the fun (no singing though!!!!)


I think this was her best birthday party ever.

Today we had a birthday celebration with Steve's family since his birthday was last Sunday and his mom's (Granny) was Monday and then Brittney's was the 23rd....we've had a lot of birthday celebrating and birthday eating going on. Too much for me (who's been trying to exercise and eat better....with NO luck!) I actually did NOT have my camera with me so I'm waiting on the pictures to be emailed to me. We got the boys together with their 15 month old cousin, Trae. It was funny to see them interact.

Now I must go do some laundry........none of the normal things got done this weekend with all of the preparation and then clean up. It sucks to be the grown up!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like she had a wonderful birthday. I used to love planning my parties, too. They look like they are having tons of fun!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

Happy Birthday B!!

She was a chubby baby from the looks of your oh so sweet picture but she sure grew into a lovely young lady.

3:03 PM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Oh man ... I LOVE AI!!! I wish I could have been there, too!!!

What a rockin' party!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She can plan my birthday parties anytime!! That was an awesome idea that she had and it sounds like so much fun!!! I wanna go to party city now and get some american idol...if you hear cats screeching in the night it's coming from my house.....in Katy...and you heard it all the way up there!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mommy My Birthday was so cool

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home