kearleyzoo

Friday, September 22, 2006

Happy Birthday to my BABY!!!!!! AAAGGGHHH!!!

Nine years ago.....September 23, 1997.......Our lives were changed forever! Brittney was born at 10:39 p.m. (keeping me in labor ALL day) weighing in at 8 lbs 3 1/2 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long.

I will NOT post her newborn hospital picture because it is very, very, very bad. The sad thing is that we thought she looked SOOO beautiful when they took it and ordered a ton of them plus an 11x13. When they came in the mail a few weeks later, we were SHOCKED at how in the world we could have thought our baby was so beautiful. Isn't that how all parents view their children though?

This is my baby at 6 months, 1 week old. She was an official PORKER and resembled the Michelin man! I had to wash in between all of her rolls. She's always had the chubbiest cheeks that you just couldn't resist squeezing. She was always talking, singing and playing with her babies. Funny thing is that she had SO many baby dolls, when she would get a doll she already had as a present she wouldn't want to take it back. No way, she now had twins!! She was obsessed with twins and had 2 double strollers to push her babies around in. Little did she know what was in store for her a few years down the road.

Now, she is catching up to my whopping 5' 3 1/2" self. She's officially outgrown her rolls and replaced them with nothing but pure muscle. She's so powerful when she tumbles because of all that muscle. She's really growing up in front of our eyes. Although she never wanted to be "little"....she crawled early (6 months old), walked early (9 months old) and talked from the very beginning. I really can NOT remember a time when she wasn't talking!!!!

Oh Brittney, we love you so much! You've changed our lives for the better and brought us so much happiness. Your dad, brothers and I think you're just the greatest!!

Happy 9th Birthday! Now stop all that growing up!!!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was browsing thru blogs and came across yours. your baby has the same birthday as me. :)

11:18 PM  
Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Happy Birthday!!

Oh my gosh - I LOVE that picture of her as a baby ... I have never, in my entire life, seen chubby arms like that. She is SO adorable I want to squeeze her!!!

I hope she had a great day. Wow, 1997 doesn't seem like that long ago at all. Time goes much too fast...

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Teresa, you seriously know how to make one cute baby...erm...young lady! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the "Michelin" pic!!! I just want to frame it and I don't even KNOW Britney!! Congratulations to both of you, You for having such a great little girl, and Britney for having such an awesome mom!!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom thank you
Love brittney

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home