kearleyzoo

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Role Model......

There's all kinds of advantages to having an older child to help out around the house. Brittney is a wonderful helper to me as long as it's on "her" terms. Don't get me wrong, she's a GREAT kid. She's very caring, considerate and polite. However, her favorite thing to do is aggravate her brothers. I can't tell you on a daily basis how many times I say "DON'T AGGRAVATE YOUR BROTHERS!!!!!" or "JUST LEAVE THEM ALONE".

One other thing Brittney doesn't realize is that her brothers are watching EVERYthing she does ALL the time. If she is doing handstands on the couch, Jace and Cade are attempting to do handstands......on their heads!! If she's eating candy, they BEG for her candy. I could go on and on.

The good thing is that they don't always see the BAD stuff, they see the GOOD stuff too. They see how loving we are to each other. In the past few weeks, I have seen the sweetest displays of affection between ALL of them. Jace has started to give BIG hugs (complete with the patting of his hands when they're around your back....oh how it melts our hearts!). They will both give hugs and kisses on demand unless they're totally grumpy.

Here they are HOLDING HANDS!! This is HUGE for my boys. In the past when they would so much as touch each other, there would be lots of squealing and grunting as if to say "DON'T LAY A HAND ON ME BUDDY!!" (yes that is a purse Cade insisted on carrying around....sorry Cade. I'll pay for your therapy bills later in life)

What we didn't realize until today is that Brittney has taught the boys how to tackle each other...YES....to TACKLE each other. Nana noticed this the other day. The first time they did it, it was funny. The second time wasn't so funny. By the third and fourth time, Cade was getting pretty pissed off. I guess because Jace is the aggressive one and Cade was always the one to BE tackled. Here's a few shots of them on the trampoline tonight. They finally teamed up on Brittney and got her back.




She can handle it though!!!!!

Let's see if this works........


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


****edited to add.....please turn your sound down. My voice is SOOO annoying in this clip. I apologize in advance and will be quiet in my next videos. It was my first time to do this and I just wanted to see if it actually WORKED****

3 Comments:

Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Bwahaha!!! I love the pocketbook shot. I've got a load of 'bag' photos I need to post, too.

They are so cute. Now I really wish you lived next door so we could come play on your trampoline!!

10:57 PM  
Blogger utmommy said...

DH taught my boys to tackle. Now, I'm trying to teach them not to do that at school.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no...tackling too? Jeez, that's final, I'm outlawing wrestling shows from the house...sure it won't help, but at least I won't have to hear it anymore!

I love the video and you sound adorable! You made me wish I had a big sister for the boys....

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home