kearleyzoo

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Peek-A-Boo

Well, we're all feeling better around here. (knock on wood!!)

This evening after the boys bath, Jace and Cade found a new hiding spot in the bathroom....the linen closet (or whatever it's called).

Where did Jace go?

There he is!!!

I didn't think they would like actually being closed up in there, but Jace didn't mind. However, Cade just wanted to be the one to FIND his brother. I just knew there was going to be a finger smashing incident, but I stopped the action before it got ugly.

I've noticed that they are starting to REALLY play together. They will tackle on the trampoline, chase each other around the kitchen island and hide in the clothes in OUR closet.

You know, I think there is a lot going on with these little boys in my house at this age. BUT, I'm starting to get worried about what the chaos is going to be like when they get older.

I've mentioned before that Brittney is in competitive cheerleading. Tonight she comes home from practice with a sign-up sheet for a Parent Team that will perform in February at their National Competition. Of course I'll be attending the event anyway and of COURSE Brittney is DYING for me participate (probably just to get a good laugh). So I say, what the heck...SURE, I can do a cartwheel and a round-off still. SIGN ME UP!!! (I'm going to have to start training for this thing!)

THEN, every week Brittney brings home a "Tuesday" folder. So as I'm going through it this evening, there's a form to fill out to volunteer for their fall festival later in the month. I think...no big deal, I'll sign up and work a shift at the class booth. Then Steve tells me that I had a message from the night before to call her room mother (I ended up deleting it before I even listened to it b/c I thought it was another message). So, I return the call and end up volunteering to cook a main dish for the "teacher's appreciation" lunch on Thursday AND volunteering to bring a cake for the cake walk at the fall festival. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to spend my days helping out Brittney's school and class room but I work full-time (and end up bringing work home), I hardly EVER cook for my own family and my life is highly chaotic. I know I sound like a horrible person, but it's just the plain truth.

Somehow, in just a few short hours this evening my schedule got really booked up!!! What in the world will it be like when I have THREE kids doing THREE different activities???? Oh my, I need to lay down.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

I've got some good recipes for the luncheon. Let me know - - great casserole stuff!!

The cheer thing sounds like fun. Good for you signing up. Just be VERY wary of somersaults. I couldn't turn my head for almost a week!!!

I love the hide & seek pictures. Hopefully, they don't know how to turn door handles yet ... ?!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

they know how to turn the door handles....they've, unfortunately, mastered that.

Any EASY recipes would be appreciated. I was going to stick to the easy and delicious (very fattening, but what the heck I'm not eating it) enchilada casserole.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Tackling, hide and seek...now the real fun begins!
Pace yourself on the volunteering!!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you bought those thingies that you put over the door knobs? I've heard they work really well, but what do I know...
You amaze me my dear!I hope that one day I can do all that you do for your kids, you're a blessing to them!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home