kearleyzoo

Thursday, September 13, 2007

TAG - 8 random facts!!

Casey has tagged me and since she's my new blogging friend I must participate. 'Cause that's what blogging friends do.........



1. I am a DVR fanatic. I record Regis and Kelly, Oprah, Ellen and The View EVERY day. After all the kids go to bed, I like to spend "my" time laughing and watching as much as I can while NO ONE is bothering me...including Steve (sorry honey). There are some nights that I fall asleep in the chair (which was originally purchased for Steve to lounge in). Now granted I don't have time to watch ALL of them, but I still like to know that I have it recorded.

2. For my 20th birthday present from my parents, they paid for me to get a breast reduction. I was already around a 36 DD (and outgrowing out of that). So I went down to a small 34C and just loved the difference. But now after having 3 kids and gaining and losing weight, I wish I would have gone smaller and gotten a little more LIFT.

3. Speaking of boobs, I didn't breastfeed any of my kids. I never ever had the desire and the thought of it actually grossed me out. I've only met 3 other people who agree with me on this matter. I know that it's natural and healthy and ALL the good statistics about breastmilk, but I always chose the formula route.

4. I am still friends with my BFF from Junior High School, Amy. She now lives down the street from my mother...which is about 10 minutes away. She is one of the people that agree with me on the breastfeeding issue.


5. I was named Teresa because it was my mother's chosen name in the CONVENT. Yes my mother was a nun...obviously before I was born. Plus it was my grandmother's name, Theresa. Can you imagine the guilt trips that I've endured during my life time? My mom was a pro at them.

6. I worked for a children's dentist in high school. I could never understand why the moms (or the kids) freaked out when we tried to take the child into the back by themselves. That was their policy because they believed the kids behaved better without the parent there. NOW I can't imagine having my child taken back without me. Weird how your priorities change when you're a parent.

7. When it comes to food, I'm a highly sensitive TEXTURE person. I don't like beans (except green beans) because of the texture. The list goes on and on. BUT my hubby is pickier than I am. My daughter is the pickiest of them all. Jace and Cade will eat almost anything, thank God.

8. I have NO tattoos. Even though I've sat through Steve getting 2 of his 3, I can't think of anything that means enough to me that I should have it permanently tattooed onto my body...except my family and thankfully I get to see them everyday and I have a lot of pictures. Who needs a tattoo?

There, I'm done. Sorry it took me so long Casey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Casey's trio said...

Yeah for you!!! So glad you played along. I want to hear more about your mom being a nun before you were born...what inteesting lives people lead:)
Thanks for playing!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I COMPLETELY agree with the breats feeding thing! It grosses me out too, and I never had the desire to do that! Only one of my girlfriends agrees with me.
It's funny the looks I'm given when I have to explain my aunt was a nun, but it's fun to tell the story(:
Regina L.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home