kearleyzoo

Friday, September 07, 2007

Maybe the end is near????

I knew I shouldn't have jinxed Brittney in my last post by saying...."luckily Brittney was able to avoid the bug". She came home from school Wednesday with a horrible stomach ache. By the end of the evening she had the virus full blast....both ends going (sorry Brittney). She made a miraculous recovery in 24 hours though and was back to school today.

We are entering day 7 of virus fest for Jace. Everyone else has gotten the virus and is pretty much done with it. (Our family is still VERY gasey, but otherwise doing ok.)

Jace seems to be in the 3rd phase....the first was fever, the second was throwing up and now the third is diarrhea. I feel so bad for him. He finally asked Nana to go poo poo on the potty after the 6th diaper blow out this evening.

I feel bad too b/c we went ahead and sent them to their new school today too. It started Wednesday but they obviously weren't up to going then. I apologize to all of these mothers if they happen to catch this virus. It's deadly but he was totally fine yesterday ALL day. Another reason that I thought Jace was fully recovered ...see exhibit "a" below.


He was being awfully quiet Thursday night. Cade was in the living room with me and Brittney. We just assumed that Jace was in the front room watching Barney. When I went in to check on him, he was walking out of Brittney's room. Apparently he was jealous of her beautifully painted toenails and took matters into his own hands. Yes, this is RED nail polish that he painted in her room over our NEW beige carpet.

I had to laugh and snap the picture. I mean look at the detail....he got in between all of the toes also. That takes talent.

I was very surprised that more polish didn't make it onto the carpet. He only got a small amount and we were able to get most of it out...we moved the rug to cover the spots that hung around. (Isn't that nice of me to do to the new owners of our house?)

Steve comes back home tomorrow. Thank God! It's been the week from hell around here.

Yesterday when I was at home with ALL THREE kids sick, about 10:30 a.m. the phone rang. I was washing my hair and Brittney didn't pick it up. I went to see who it was a few minutes later and listened to a recording telling me that they were showing our house between 11 a.m. and 12.

I was in TOTAL freak out mode!!! The house was a pig-stye!! None of the beds were made, there were dishes everywhere, toys everywhere, puke everywhere!!

I was thankful Brittney was home. She ran to clean her room and the front part of the house while I threw dishes and clutter into cabinets and random places such as the oven and dishwasher. We were mad cleaners for 20 minutes straight. We managed to dress everyone and grab a few necessities and hit the door at exactly 11 a.m. I was literally dripping sweat when I got into the car. Talk about lighting a fire under someone's butt.... But the house looked great, I couldn't believe we did it.

Now, I've been tagged by Casey

I must come up with 8 random facts about myself....

2 Comments:

Blogger Casey's trio said...

I sure hope the end is near for you..yikes. Knock on wood, we have never had the flu virus in our house and I haven't been sick since the babies were born. Love the red nail polish on the footsie! Isn't funny how you just know when it is TOO quiet:0
Can't wait to read your 8 random facts...hee-hee

11:32 PM  
Blogger My name is Tammie said...

I just found your blog thanks to Casey and I am dying laughing at those little red toes! That is great! I hope you all feel better soon, sick kids as not fun.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home