kearleyzoo

Friday, August 10, 2007

More on the Home front

Well the house has come a LONG way in the past week!

From this ..........


to this ...........
The boys (and Brittney) have had so much fun playing in the dirt that's in our front yard. We've walked over every night this week to check in on all the action.


Last weekend we had SO much fun on our getaway WITHOUT kids.

Day #1 consisted of waking up....eating a peaceful breakfast with Steve and our friends...the boys departed to go play a little rugby for the day...the girls went to "market day" in town to browse/shop for whatever we wanted...lunch at a quaint little restaurant called the Leaning Pear....a quick change of clothes and then we were off to kayak down the river for about 3 hours (which provided the BEST arm workout I've ever had)...then we went home and cooked out a glorious meal with WAY too much food.

That was a picture of us "slumming" it at our friend's house. Her house is right off of the river...it is just picture perfect. This is her view EVERY day from the back porch. I think I could handle it.


The second day was a short one, but we managed to pack a lot in. I was taken on an hour horse back ride. I had a back experience horseback riding as a teenager. I got thrown off of a "very nice" horse while riding with one of my brother's friends. SO, I was a bit hesitant. Wendy was a GREAT tour guide and gave me Pedro the horse. Pedro was a true follower and very gentle. He didn't throw me off the whole trip. I have never been around horses that much and their size just frightens me. Add to that the fact that I got thrown off, needlesstosay I was a bit anxious about this adventure. But I overcame my fears and really enjoyed myself.

This trip provided an upper body workout the first day and a lower body workout the second. I was ready to come back home. My butt has never hurt quite like that!!

The weather was warm but nice for the weekend. I was a little worried when our outdoorsy host had all the windows open and the air conditioner wasn't turned on. The first night we slept with ceiling fans full blast. It wasn't too bad, it just felt like we were camping. I'm not a huge camping person so I just felt sticky. The second night we asked her if she minded turning on the a/c. So, the second night was heavenly...it was actually a bit chilly that night.

Back on the home front, the boys have had lots of potty action. There is nothing consistent with their potty use, it's purely for entertainment. However, Jace has really been telling us when he has to go pee-pee. That's actually progress for him! Cade still has no interest. He'll just sit on the potty because he saw his brother do it.

But there is NO privacy at our house. Here's a scene from the potty action tonight.

Man they love their big sister.


Isn't it great to have an older sister to wipe butts??? That's true love.


This weekend Steve is out of town, so I'm headed to the beach with the boys and Brittney and her friend Morgan. Hopefully I'll have lots of good pictures, stories and memories to share. We're going to stay at my boss' beach house. I think Brittney is more excited about riding in his golf cart than actually going to the beach!


3 Comments:

Blogger Casey's trio said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend away...what a great view from your friend's house!
And I love the pics of the potty training. You daughter is a trooper...I think the one of her wiping someone's tushy can be used for blackmail...probably on both of them at some point in the future:)

12:47 AM  
Blogger Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

I can not stop laughing at the pic of Brittney wiping her brother's tush...HILARIOUS!!!

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmm...I think we floated by that house a few weeks ago along the river....
Regina L.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home