kearleyzoo

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wiggles & The Kick off of a New School Year

The Wiggles were really, really GOOD! It's the one kid show that I actually enjoy. When I get their songs in my head, I can't stop singing throughout the entire day.

We had mentioned the upcoming concert with the boys earlier in the week. We kept telling them that the Big Red Ca (that's car, but ca has more of the Australian accent) was going to be there. Then Jace would start getting so excited - jumping up and down...we had to tell them that the Wiggles were still on an airplane coming to see them. So, the Wiggles had a very long airline flight that lasted the entire week, up until Sunday afternoon. They seemed to accept that without any problems.

We got there just before the lines to buy CRAP got crazy long. I had told myself that I was only buying ONE thing. Nana thought the same thing. SO, the boys got two crap items each, but they LOVED them. Believe it or not, Brittney did not want anything Wiggles....imagine that?


Of course, you have to have a light-up item during the concert. So, here's what a $15 light-up Wiggles stick with a Big Red Ca on the top of it looks like......(along with a stuffed Dorothy the Dinosaur).
All of the Wiggles (including the NEW yellow Wiggle, Sam) were there along with their friends, Henry the Octopus, Wags the Dog and of course Dorothy. I think the boys got more of a kick out of the friends rather than the Wiggles themselves.


When the show first started, Jace did a little freak-out and his "heart went beep-beep" and the lip came out. Thank God I didn't purchase tickets on the floor that would have been towards the stage. I opted for tickets on the 17th row on the side of the stage. They were pretty good.


Cade, on the other hand, clapped and laughed and smiled almost the entire time.


Then toward the end, THE BIG RED CA finally came out. Jace is STILL talking about it. Matter of fact, they are both still talking about the whole show.


Then the next day SCHOOL STARTED!

These are our annual pictures we take on the first day of school. She's getting SO tall!!! (Or maybe I'm just getting shorter!)


She had a great day and absolutely LOVES her teacher. She also doesn't have any of her "problem" friends or the obsessed ex-boyfriend in her class. I was very thankful about that.
So, hopefully we are on to the beginning of a great year!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger wayabetty said...

Glad everyone had a good time! Oh, turn that frown upside down, as my hubbie always says to the kids.

I love that tradition of taking pix before start of school year. And that green color is really nice on your wall.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Casey's trio said...

You've got one grown-up looking girl on your hands! I hope the first week of school was a good one for her.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say this, but when I saw the first picture of Brittney and your mom, I immediately thought, Brittney is almost as tall as she is! I thought I was seeing things, until the other pictures proved what I thought! She is definitely growing up!
Regina L.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fast time flies! I love your annual picture thing, we used to do that when I was little. Mind you I hide those now....I didn't have any fashion sense at all as a child!

I didn't even know the wiggles came to town! The car looked cool.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home