kearleyzoo

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Halloween this year was much different than it was last year! Last year a cold front was in the middle of coming through. It was rainy and cold and not ANY fun to take the kids out in. I think the boys went to our neighbor's house just so we could say they officially went "trick or treating". My dad took Brittney to a couple of other houses just so she could get some candy and then she was DONE.

This year, it was warm and humid and the mosquitos were SWARMING everywhere! I'm surprised you can't see them in my pictures because we just couldn't get away from them.

Our day started with Nana........who's birthday was also on Halloween (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!).... coming down with some sort of stomach bug. I wasn't feeling 100%, nothing like what nana had, but my stomach still wasn't quite right. So, I decided to not go into work. The boys were going to have costume day at school and I thought it would be cute to snap a few pictures since I would actually get to take them.

Here's before we left for school .... the boys are starting to "pose" for me now. I just have to say hold your brother's hand and say cheese........ This is the face I'm starting to get from Jace.

I think I've mentioned before that my kids are creatures of habit and if you do ANYthing out of the ordinary, they usually don't adapt very quickly. Well, Jace was apparently tagged as "it" because he was the emotional one when I dropped them off.

This picture is priceless....I love it that "Batman" can't even stand up he's so emotional and "Robin" is over there trying to be such a big boy but he can't control that lip from sticking out. Call me a bad mom, but I think it's funny. I only think that b/c I know for a FACT that he was just fine when I officially left the building.

Our evening concluded with trick or treating on 2 streets....our cul-de-sac and the one behind us. I'd say we went to 10 houses between the 2 small streets and it took us ONE HOUR!! We had a few stops b/c neighbors insisted that we come in to show off the kiddos. BUT we walked instead of taking a stroller or wagon. Batman took the lead the entire night while Robin just strolled along and took his own sweet time.

I don't know what they enjoyed more....the candy or just being able to walk in the street and carry a flashlight! (which by the way is great entertainment for ANY day)


Brittney was a 50's girl and was a HUGE help...as usual. I think she would've had more fun going with a friend to trick or treat, but she's never been a big fan of the holiday. She's my extremely skiddish little girl and always will be (I guess she takes after her mother).

For example, here's a skeleton pirate that my neighbor had out. It was REALLY cool. It played cool music and the skeleton just stood there jamming out. It wasn't scary....although its eyes were red when the music came on.....it just shook its booty and danced away. I think Jace and Cade could have stayed there all night and watched that thing. They were cracking up at it and dancing along. If I would have had Brittney in front of that thing at the age of 2, there would have been LOTS of screaming.


We had a great time. I think next year I would like to attend a church festival or something. Our neighborhood doesn't have a lot of participation during Halloween. I was dissappointed that there weren't more trick-or-treaters. Now I'm left with a crap load of candy. Steve's students will be happy at school tomorrow!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Bwahahaha!!!

I LOVE THESE COSTUMES!!!! A little batman & robin ... how perfect! Everyone looks great!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha, still laughing about that pic! What cracks me up is that you have a bee staring at you too with the little pouting lips! priceless!

They almost look like their flashlight was a hero power stick or something! Loved their theme by the way!

My friend who lives in your area I think went to this church thing where they had a tailgaiting trick or treat. Never heard of it before, but she said they had a blast!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

very very cute!

What a sweet girl you have.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home