kearleyzoo

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Update of Sorts

Yesterday was the boys' school day and the teacher sent home a cute little letter about their progress. I thought it was funny and wanted to share a few of the statements:

Cade loves to play with the cars, especially the cars that make noise. He also loves working on crafts in class but most of all he seems to love to sing. Cade sits on the carpet with all the other children and also tries to name the objects on the object cards. When we go outside Cade loves to play in the cars. He always looks for his grandmother at lunchtime.

Then there's Jace...

Jace loves to play with whatever his brother Cade is playing with. (I loved that one) Jace is good at peeling the backs off of foam stickers; he is also good at coloring a coloring sheet. Jace loves to sing and blow bubbles. Jace also sits on the carpet with all the other children and tries to name the objects on the object cards. He also looks for grandmother at lunch.

I think that's just adorable.

One more update....remember how I volunteered to be on the parent team for my daughter's cheer team a few weeks ago? Well, we had our first practice last night. Let me tell you...I am moving a little slower today. I didn't realize how out of shape I am. In high school I was on drill team and could practice a kick routine for hours at a time. But last night after kicking each leg ten times in order to "warm-up" our legs before we did JUMPS, I swear I was going to get a muscle cramp in my side. I wasn't the worse one though....there are a lot of big mamas out there. I felt sorry for one of the moms because while she was doing a front kick, her leg that was still on the ground gave out or else moved forward and she went flat out on her back. It was hilarious and everyone couldn't help but laugh...thankfully she was a good sport.

I did backbends, toe touches, cartwheels, roundoffs and forward flips. If we keep this up, I may actually get in shape!!! It's only once a week though, so it's not going to do that much for me.

Last update...........my babies turn TWO tomorrow. I just can't believe it. I've been working on a picture video to post tomorrow and it's brought me all sorts of emotions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite line is the one that they're waiting for their grandmother at lunch. ha ha ha ha ha, that's priceless! Good school huh?

Yeah, you wore me out at kicks 10 times.....

8:40 AM  
Blogger Miss Notesy said...

I love that their teacher wrote all that out! How cute and sweet!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home