kearleyzoo

Sunday, October 29, 2006

The longest weekend EVER

This has been an exhausting weekend. We had a fall festival at Britt's school Friday night, the boys' birthday party on Saturday, then a Halloween party on Sunday.

First of all, I love how people always say...Hey we get an extra hour of sleep this weekend! Who are these people and could they teach my kids that?? For us, it was more like let's get up an hour earlier and then stay up an hour later b/c I can't adjust my bedtime due to my evening TV shows (PLUS let's only take an hour nap b/c my little angels always like to mess with me!)

Anyway....we had the boys birthday party this Saturday at the Little Gym. It was SOOO awesome. They do everything for you...I just brought a cake, goodie bags, fruit tray and a chick-fil-a nugget platter (hey it's not just about the kids!).

They did all of the organization, they knew when to move on to the next activity, they cut and served the cake, and they organized the gift opening and recorded each present. (Brittney had her 3rd AND 4th birthday party there so I knew it would be awesome.) PLUS everyone had a great time...kids and parents.

I don't have a lot of pictures yet b/c Ms. Judy snapped some throughout the event for me...she's awesome! Here's a few I managed to take. (I promise they had a GREAT time...it doesn't look like it from the picture below.)


THEN we had my niece stay the night and when we woke up at the crack of dawn, we headed over to the playground at Brittney's elementary school. The boys act like they OWN that place. They are little monkeys climbing up sliding down. They love the swings there....forget the fact that we have all of that in our backyard. Oh well.


THEN after a much needed nap, we went to the Little Gym (AGAIN) for their Halloween party! It was absolutely adorable. My camera started acting up there so I only got a few pics. That place was PACKED! My boys are so comfortable there now it's like a second home. They did so good even though I don't think they understood why everyone was dressed up. Cade only got scared once when an older kid came in dressed as SpiderMan. He had his entire face covered with a mask and Cade just clung to me as he was staring this kid down and trying to figure him out.It was an absolutely exhausting weekend, but so much fun! Bring on Halloween...........

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! That looks like so much fun! I love the costumes and your niece is so cute!

Amen to the whole "you sleep an extra hour", it just added another hour of me running around. I wonder what the "spring forward" is going to be like?...hmm....

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home